Analysys Mason possesses a thorough understanding of hardware and software systems that comprise the backbone of the Internet, enabling its existence and functionality.
Our work in this area covers such aspects as innovation and investment in infrastructure, connectivity improvement and solutions, interconnection and exchange of traffic.
- Feasibility study for an African government aiming to create an IXP
- The evolution of IP interconnection agreements
- Investigation of total costs of ownership associated with different core networks on behalf of an IP equipment vendor
Analysys Mason has performed analytical and advisory work in regard to various Internet platforms, which serve as intermediaries between content creators and users.
We are uniquely positioned to provide support in this area due to telecoms networks being widely used to carry Internet data.
- Evaluation of a leading pay-TV operator’s plan to invest in an over-the-top platform
- For a major content distribution company, quantitative assessment of the content’s contribution to the Internet ecosystem and value chain analysis
- Value proposition creation for a leading Asian pay-TV operator
We have supported organisations involved on all stages of the provision of Internet services. This includes Internet service providers, fixed and mobile operators, regulators and policy makers, financial institutions and media companies.
We have expertise in a broad range of topics, such as digital content business models, content delivery channels and challenges, etc.
- The value and impact of data-driven innovation in Singapore and Japan, incorporating a quantitative approach applicable to other developed markets
- The role of government in the Internet
- The role of online data in the online, audio-visual, telecoms and postal sectors - Ofcom report
- Analysis of data demand in Asia-Pacific
- Global growth of the Internet
- Review of online audio-visual content regulation in international markets for an online content provider
- Evaluation of the suitability of existing regulatory frameworks for a telecoms regulator
- Assessment of competitive landscape for a leading domain and hosting provider
- Market scan across key mobile Internet verticals for a US-based equity firm
- Evaluating incumbents’ progress towards the European Digital Agenda 2020 targets