21 June 2016 | PPTX and PDF (28 slides)
Content type: Strategy report
"CSPs' interest in launching their own external monetisation services is growing, primarily due to increased mobile data usage, falling margins and changing subscriber attitudes to data sharing."
Until recently, communications service providers (CSPs) have been reluctant to launch services that sell insights into their customer data, but now may be the right time for them to invest in external monetisation service offerings. This market proposition has been made more compelling because of technology changes and the availability of low-cost storage, as well as market expectations from purchasers for accurate data supplied in real-time.
- considers when CSPs should invest in launching new external monetisation services
- discusses the data monetisation services that some CSPs have already launched
- examines the potential value of this market for CSPs – and the routes to market
- identifies the sub-sectors within the data monetisation market and highlights their differences
- assesses how privacy regulations will affect these services
- considers how CSPs should compete against over-the-top (OTT) offerings.
The potential size of the external data monetisation market is influenced by three primary factors
Register or log in to download the sample pages.