As the M2M market becomes more mature and crowded, smart CSPs are focussing on creating value in order to differentiate themselves from the mere connectivity providers.
Analysys Mason’s M2M carrier scorecard 2013 is a ranking of communications service providers (CSPs) according to how they are performing in matters related to machine-to-machine (M2M), and how they are positioned for growth in this market. This year’s scorecard makes it clear that as the M2M market matures, CSPs are increasingly focussing on differentiating themselves on the grounds of service level agreements (SLAs), customer experience management (CEM) and other value-added services. Our scoring is based on our evaluation of questionnaire responses from the CSPs and information obtained through interviews with M2M vendor partners of the CSPs.
This report is our written description of the M2M carrier scorecard, providing full details of the rankings, a discussion of the best performers in each category, and of the M2M strategies, offerings, strengths and weaknesses of the participating CSPs.
This report provides:
- rankings of the 12 participating CSPs in six categories:
- M2M strategy
- M2M scale
- M2M organisational structure
- M2M networks and standards
- M2M customer experience management
- M2M ambition and vision.
- a combined M2M performance ranking, to show the strongest and weakest CSPs of the operators that participated in our study
- insights into the key success factors for CSPs delving into the M2M ecosystem
- profiles of CSPs according to their ranking in an ‘M2M overall excellence’ category
- a market definition
- recommendations for CSPs.
The following companies participated in the 2013 scorecard.
- Deutsche Telekom
- Telekom Austria