Emil works with private equity investors, infrastructure providers and operators on transactions, strategy and regulatory issues. He joined Analysys Mason's Milan office in 2008 and works mainly on projects in continental Europe.
Emil has directed or managed work on a number of large-scale transactions, such as:
- several of the major mobile tower transactions in Europe, including the recent Inwit (Telecom Italia) and Galata (Wind) tower spin-offs
- VTB Capital's successful acquisition of Tele2 Russia in March 2013 and the subsequent merger between Tele2 Russia and the mobile operations of Rostelekom
- KKR's successful acquisition of SBB and Telemach.
Emil's work on operator strategy includes:
- advice to an EU5 incumbent operator on cloud and data centre strategy
- review of three-year business plan of an EU5 incumbent operator
- network sharing between two operators
- NGA expansion plan for a wholesale operator in an EU5 country
- development of guidelines and tools for product profitability control and pricing approval.
Emil has also worked extensively on margin squeeze, predatory pricing and other similar topics, both in an ex-ante and an ex-post context. This includes working on the implementation of the economic replicability test, as per the 2013 EC Recommendation on a consistent approach to non-discrimination and costing for wholesale services related to broadband access.
Emil holds an M.Sc. in Industrial Engineering and Management of Technology from Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg, and he also studied finance and strategy at the Politecnico di Milano.