Guillermo is an experienced consultant who has participated in cutting-edge, high-profile studies for clients in Europe and Latin America, covering a wide range of topics such as spectrum, regulation and cost modelling, media and business planning.
He has extensive experience of undertaking market and technology-oriented studies on the wireless market, and economic impact analysis. He also has significant cost modelling experience, having developed a number of fixed and mobile long-run incremental costing (LRIC) models for regulatory purposes.
Examples of Guillermo's recent projects include:
- Managing a commercial review of the marketing, sales and distribution strategies of a Latin American operator, in preparation for the introduction of mobile number portability
- Managing the development of fixed LRIC models for origination and termination services on behalf of the CMT (the Spanish regulator) and COFETEL (the Mexican regulator)
- Developing a bottom-up LRIC model for mobile termination on behalf of ICP-ANACOM, including a critical review of spectrum usage based on the spectrum needs of Portuguese mobile operators
- Estimating the market value to be attributed to a spectrum band at pan-European level, on behalf of a European operator
- Understanding the opportunities related to new spectrum bands for a European wholesale operator, by assessing the impact of new spectrum on mobile operators' businesses
- Acting as lead modeller during an evaluation of the business opportunity for tower sharing for a pan-African operator
- Contributing to a commercial and technical due diligence review of a broadcasting tower company in Western Europe
- Advising a major European football league during litigation on exploitation of audiovisual rights
- Advising one of the largest media groups in a Western European country on its strategy for content production, distribution, DTT and Internet platforms.