Olivier Pascal has over fourteen years' experience in telecoms and media consulting, and is one of Analysys Mason's media experts. His experience includes providing specialist advice to operators, broadcasters, governments and financial institutions, particularly on digital switchover, pay TV, spectrum planning and auctions, media and telecoms regulation. He has worked on key media and telecoms projects with many major players across the TMT value chain, including:
- assistance to the Cameroon government on economic, strategic, legal and content issues during the transition from analogue to digital terrestrial television (DTT)
- a study for the French Ministry of Culture and Communication to estimate the impact on the country's advertising market of the advertising ban imposed on the public broadcaster
- an assessment of the impact of the Digital Single Market on the sports audiovisual ecosystem
- supporting a French TV producer in identifying key differences in audiovisual regulation in Europe
- evaluating a public service broadcaster's revenue during 2011–2015 for the ministry in charge of media in a Western European country
- a study on new services over ultra-fast broadband networks and their associated business models, for a consortium of French public bodies
- several digital terrestrial television (DTT) projects, including the review of local TV business models for the French media regulator (CSA).
As well as his media expertise, Olivier also has extensive knowledge of procurement strategies, business case development and due diligence processes including:
- a tower company in Western Europe
- a new entrant in Eastern Europe
- pay-TV operators in Europe and India
- a global submarine cable manufacturer
- a multinational assignment in North and Sub-Saharan Africa
- several mobile operators in Africa.