2 February 2015 | PPT and PDF (48 slides)
Content type: Strategy report
The 'industrial Internet' is a term to describe the ability to track and understand machines and equipment in factories or in the field.
Smart connected equipment will open up new business models that will redefine industries and companies, and will present unique opportunities for communications service providers (CSPs).This report analyses Internet of things (IoT) and machine-to-machine (M2M) opportunities for CSPs in the manufacturing and broader industrial business segment.
THIS STRATEGY REPORT:
- defines the industrial Internet
- provides recommendations for CSPs that are considering this segment
- offers the perspectives of industry stakeholders on how and where operators are seizing the industrial Internet opportunity
- provides forecasts for pipeline and construction vehicle monitoring and a STEP analysis for M2M in smart farm environments.
- General Electric (GE)
- National Instruments (NI)
- Remote Technologies Inc (RTI)
- Tech Mahindra
- Telenor Connexion
INFOGRAPHIC: Industrial Internet scenarios and opportunities for manufacturing companies and CSPs
Register or log in to download these free sample pages.