10 September 2015 | PPT and PDF (35 slides)
Content type: Strategy report
"The success of CSPs in the digital economy depends on them deploying a network architecture that can dynamically and holistically manage physical and virtual resources to support service innovation at scale."
Network equipment providers (NEPs) are trying to develop their network management systems (NMS) to encompass the new needs of network function virtualisation (NFV) and software-defined networking (SDN) while maintaining physical infrastructure management, and are seeking best practices and guidelines. This report provides a network orchestration framework to help NEPs navigate the evolution from NMS/EMS to the new network orchestration space, and uses the new taxonomy to track the market and its associated vendors.
THIS STRATEGY REPORT PROVIDES:
- an overview of how a new approach to network design and operational systems can support communications service providers' (CSPs') digital economy business objectives
- analysis of the key characteristics and building blocks of an end-to-end functional architecture that pulls together NFV management and orchestration (MANO) and OSS
- a blueprint for the technical requirements of a vNGN-OSS
- a summary of how the vNGN-OSS will affect segmentation in the software market and Analysys Mason's research plans
- recommendations for vendors and CSPs.
Key capabilities of a virtual next-generation network OSS (vNGN-OSS) architecture to manage multi-vendor hybrid networks
Log in or register to download the sample pages.