Smart cities in India: a distinct approach to smart-city governance
25 May 2017 | Research
"In line with smart-city policy in India, Bhubaneswar and Pune have established Special Purpose Vehicles to oversee smart-city initiatives – an alternative approach to smart-city governance."
The cities of Bhubaneswar and Pune in India are strongly focused on infrastructure investment for transport and traffic management to improve the quality of life of their citizens and to contribute to economic growth.
This case study provides:
- an introduction to India’s smart-city strategy, with case studies for Bhubaneswar and Pune
- insights into the key motives for deploying a smart city
- an outline of smart-city services
- an overview of the key stakeholders
- an overview of the funding mechanisms
- key points, where applicable, on policy and regulation.