Synamedia: video management and delivery
08 August 2019 | Research
"Synamedia's dual platform strategy and strong service features should help it to regain some ground with traditional pay-TV players that are considering legacy transformation and a move to new OTT services."
Synamedia was formed out of Cisco’s Service Provider Video Software Solutions’ (SPVSS) assets, following the acquisition of SPVSS by Permira, a private equity firm, in October 2018. Synamedia has a strong heritage in the broadcasting, cable and satellite markets. It aims to retain its customers by helping them to evolve their traditional pay-TV systems into IP and cloud, and expand into the broader markets of video service (OTT and D2C) and content provision.
This company profile provides:
- a company summary
- analysis of the company's strategic direction
- a summary of the company's products and professional services
- an overview of key acquisitions and mergers
- an overview of significant customers
- analysis of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
Cloud gaming requires ‘game ready’ 5G networks and industry co-operation
Operator success in digital media ecosystems depends on one-to-many partnerships and differentiated user journeys
Amdocs RevenueONE: monetisation platforms