Connected Consumer Survey 2016: OTT and digital economy services in emerging Asia–Pacific
01 March 2017 | Research
"Ecommerce in emerging Asia–Pacific is reaching the tipping point of mass adoption – operators should provide enablement services."
This report focuses on aspects of Analysys Mason's Connected Consumer Survey that relate to the behaviour, preferences and plans of smartphone users in the emerging Asia–Pacific (EMAP) region. In particular, it focuses on respondents' usage of over-the-top (OTT) communications and digital economy services.
- identifies which communication apps are used most in EMAP
- discusses the ways in which consumers balance OTT communications with traditional services
- highlights the main payment mechanisms for ecommerce in EMAP
- provides insight into the organisations that consumers in the regions are most willing to trust
- analyses the trends in operator-led mobile money usage in EMAP
Survey data coverage:
The research was conducted in October and November 2016. The survey groups were chosen to be representative of the mobile-Internet population in the region. We set quotas on age, gender, employment, and regional demographics to that effect. There was a minimum of 1000 respondents per country, and 4000 respondents in the region.
Côte d’Ivoire telecoms market report 2020
Operator business services: Austria forecast 2019–2024
Facebook’s investment in Jio Platforms is likely to pave the way for a super app in the mould of WeChat