16 January 2017 | PPTX and PDF (43 slides)
Content type: Strategy report
"CSPs are demanding assurance solutions for NFV/SDN with cloud, analytics and automation features; this change is creating opportunities for vendors and disruption across the assurance value chain."
This strategy report presents the evolving service assurance (SA) vendor landscape in the context of new communications service provider (CSP) requirements driven by network function virtualisation (NFV) and software-defined networking (SDN). It presents an analysis of three new assurance domains, the vendor landscape and opportunities and threats for current and new vendors, and includes a 5-year forecast for virtual next-generation network service assurance (vNGN-SA).
The report includes a case study of an early implementation of SA for NFV: Accedian/SK Telecom.
Key questions that are answered in this report:
- What are the main assurance domains that will need new solutions?
- What are the key drivers and inhibitors of vendor revenue growth?
- How can the incumbent vendors benefit from the emerging opportunities?
- What is the growth forecast for the vNGN-SA market?
- How does NFV/SDN open opportunities for new vendors?
- How does the open-source vendor community fit in the value chain, and present new competition for established vendors?
Three emerging opportunities for vendors in the service assurance value chain and the size of the market opportunity
Register or log in to download the sample pages.