Network orchestration and management systems: worldwide forecast 2017–2021
23 August 2017 | Research
Forecast report | PPTX and PDF (63 slides) | Network Automation and Orchestration
"Spending on network orchestration and management products and services will grow to USD11.6 billion in 2021 propelled by NFV/SDN orchestration and control."
Traditional network management systems (NMS) spending growth has slowed to a CAGR of 1.5% (2016–2021), sustained by CSPs' investments in fixed networks, new IoT/M2M networks, and element management systems (EMS) used to manage VNFs. Network orchestration and software-defined network (SDN) control spending will grow quickly to surpass USD1 billion by 2019; with VIM growing to about half that figure in 2019.
THIS FORECAST REPORT PROVIDES:
- a detailed, 5-year worldwide forecast for spending in the network orchestration and management software systems market, split into:
- traditional NMS sub-segments: consumer mobile, consumer fixed, business mobile, and business fixed
- virtual next-generation NMS (vNGN-NMS) network management and orchestration (NOM) sub-segments: network orchestration (NO), SDN controllers (SDN-C) and virtual infrastructure management (VIM)
- two delivery types: product-related and professional services
- eight geographical regions: Central and Eastern Europe (CEE); developed Asia–Pacific (DVAP), emerging Asia–Pacific (EMAP); Latin America (LATAM); the Middle East and North Africa (MENA); North America (NA); Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and Western Europe (WE).
- an examination of key market drivers and inhibitors, and how they will change during the forecast period
- analysis of the business environment and regional dynamics that will influence the network orchestration and management software systems market
- a detailed market definition
- recommendations for CSPs and vendors.