Software-controlled networking: worldwide forecast 2017–2021
12 October 2017 | Research
Forecast report | PPTX and PDF (68 slides; Excel) | Digital Infrastructure Strategies
"CSP spending on NFV and SDN software, services and hardware will increase to USD13 billion (a CAGR of 59%) and USD5 billion (38%), respectively, in 2021, and spending on cloud computing, a more mature proposition, will reach USD15.5 billion (CAGR 16%)."
Communications service providers (CSPs) are well on their way to cloudifying their IT data centres and applications, but have only just begun to tap NFV/SDN technology to radically automate networks and network operations. This report analyses the drivers behind our USD33.5 billion forecast for the software-controlled networking (SCN) market in 2021, and the potential pitfalls that could jeopardise CSP execution strategies.
THIS FORECAST REPORT PROVIDES:
- a detailed, 5-year worldwide forecast for spending in the SCN market, split into:
- three market segments: NFV, SDN and cloud computing
- three market sub-segments: hardware, software and professional services
- eight geographical regions: Central and Eastern Europe (CEE); developed Asia–Pacific (DVAP), emerging Asia–Pacific (EMAP); Latin America (LATAM); the Middle East and North Africa (MENA); North America (NA); Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and Western Europe (WE)
- an examination of key market drivers and inhibitors, and how they will change during the forecast period
- analysis of the business environment and regional dynamics that will influence the SCN market
- a detailed market definition
- recommendations for communications service providers (CSPs) and vendors.
5G cloud-native software solutions: vendor case studies
Operator opportunities and threats in the public edge cloud computing market
MNO and vendor strategies for deploying the cloud-native 5G core