Connected Consumer Survey 2018: TV and video services in Europe and the USA
04 March 2019 | Research
Survey report | PPTX and PDF (16 slides); Excel | Video Strategies
"Subscribers' intention to churn has increased in successive years; almost one in five pay-TV customers intended to churn, or to give up pay-TV services altogether in 2018."
This report focuses on aspects of Analysys Mason's Connected Consumer Survey that relate to the changing TV and video viewing habits of consumers in Europe and the USA, in particular the relationship between OTT video, pay TV, and the increasing diversity of services and devices used.
This report provides:
- new consumer insights derived from 8000 respondents surveyed in eight different countries
- detailed information about changing consumer use of TV and video services
- insight into OTT video service usage and how this relates to use of pay-TV services
- content and genre preferences for users of different types of pay-TV and OTT video services
- analysis of consumer priorities, preferences, and the factors that affect their satisfaction and intention to 'cord cut' or 'cord shave'.
Survey data coverage
The research was conducted between July and September 2018. The survey groups were chosen to be demographically representative of the broader online consumer population. We set quotas on age, gender and employment status to that effect. There were a minimum of 1000 respondents per country. The total sample size was 8000 respondents.
- United Kingdom