Automated assurance systems: worldwide market shares 2018
03 September 2019 | Research
Market share report | PPTX and PDF (40 slides); Excel | Automated Assurance
"The automated assurance software systems market declined by 3.1% owing to a continued period of market realignment for the new operations model to support NFV/SDN and 5G."
This report provides market share data for communications service provider (CSP) spending on telecoms-specific automated assurance software and related services for 2018. It assesses which vendors are leading in the automated assurance market and provides profiles of the leaders and their challengers. Revenue in the market declined by 3.1% compared to that in 2017 to USD6.2 billion.
Automated assurance systems total revenue by vendor, worldwide, 2018
Key developments in the automated assurance systems market in 2018
- The overall market declined by 3.1% owing to a continued period of market realignment for the new operations model to support NFV/SDN and 5G. The large network equipment providers (NEPs) and independent software vendors (ISVs) dominate the top-six vendors.
- The key drivers for investment were the technology refreshes required for operations automation and for virtualised networks.
- The demand for professional services was higher than 2017 because CSPs engaged with vendors and partners on custom consulting and systems integration projects to offset for the maturing products in areas such as machine learning (ML) and predictive operations.
Key questions answered in the automated assurance systems market share report
|What was the overall size of the market (automated assurance systems in the telecoms industry) and what drove this spending among CSPs?|
|How did the spending vary across different sub-segments of the automated assurance systems market?|
|Who are the major vendors and what is their share of revenue in the automated assurance systems market?|
|What are the different drivers and growth rates of CSP spending on products, product-related services and professional services?|
Automated assurance systems total revenue by type, worldwide, 2018
Who should read this report
- Vendor strategy teams that need to understand where growth is slowing and where it is increasing across different sub-segment categories.
- Product management teams responsible for feature functionality and geographical focus, and product marketing teams responsible for market-share growth.
- Market intelligence teams at vendors that want to understand how their competitors compare with each other.
- CSPs that are planning digital transformation journeys and want to ensure that their current vendors are staying up to date.
This report provides:
- detailed market share data for the automated assurance software systems market overall, as well as five sub-segments:
- probe systems
- service management (SM)
- fault and event management (FM)
- performance monitoring (PM)
- workforce automation
- a summary of key developments in the market overall and in each sub-segment
- an Excel data spreadsheet of revenue and share for the top-six vendors in this segment, split by type and by region
- detailed profiles of 23 vendors in this market, and summaries of other players.
Cloud-native 5G calls for data sources with common standards for use in automated assurance
vRAN: the high-level implications for OSS
Network automation: a solution framework for service agility and cost economics in cloud-enabled 5G networks