Monetisation platforms: worldwide market shares 2018
16 August 2019 | Research
Market share report | PPTX and PDF (19 slides); Excel | Monetisation Platforms
"Communications service providers are cutting spending on legacy systems and continuing to invest in modern monetisation platforms to support emerging business cases."
This report provides market share data for communications service provider (CSP) spending on telecoms-specific monetisation platforms (MP) software systems and related services for 2018. It provides details of how the spending varied by delivery model, service type, vendor and region. The report also includes ‘snapshots’ of information about the leading vendors in the market.
Monetisation platforms total revenue by vendor, worldwide, 2018
Key developments in the monetisation platforms market in 2018
- The overall spending in the monetisation platforms segment declined by 1.5% in 2018 because CSPs continued to limit spending on legacy monetisation systems, which accounts for most of the overall spending.
- CSPs are increasing their investments in modern monetisation systems. These systems are cheaper and more-efficient than those that they are replacing, which helps to explain the continued shrinking of the market.
- 5G-related spending was limited in 2018. However, the introduction of 5G is substantially informing CSPs’ plans for developing their existing monetisation systems, which will impact their organisational structure, procurement and vendor relationships.
Key questions answered in the monetisation platforms worldwide market share report
|What was the overall size of the market for telecoms-specific monetisation platforms software systems and what drove this spending among CSPs?|
|How did the spending vary across different sub-segments of the monetisation platforms market?|
|Who are the major vendors and what is their share of revenue in the monetisation platforms systems market?|
|What are the different drivers and growth rates of CSP spending on products, product-related services and professional services?|
Monetisation platforms total revenue by type, worldwide, 2018
Who should read this report
- Vendor strategy teams that need to understand where growth is slowing and where it is increasing across different sub-segment categories.
- Product management teams responsible for feature functionality and geographical focus, and product marketing teams responsible for market-share growth.
- Market intelligence teams at vendors that want to understand how their competitors compare to each other.
- CSPs that are planning to implement digital transformation journeys and want to ensure that their current vendors are staying up to date.
This report provides:
- detailed market share data for the monetisation platforms software systems market overall, as well as four sub-segments:
- billing and charging
- partner and interconnect
- policy management
- a summary of key developments in the market overall and in each sub-segment
- an Excel data spreadsheet of revenue and share for the top six vendors in this segment, split by type and by region
- detailed profiles of 24 vendors in this market, and summaries of other players.
Amdocs RevenueONE: monetisation platforms
The introduction of automation to business operations creates new opportunities for CSPs and vendors
Monetisation platforms: worldwide forecast 2019–2023