Connected Consumer Survey 2018: OTT communication services in Australia and New Zealand
14 February 2019 | Research
Survey report | PPTX and PDF (7 slides); Excel | Future Comms
"Facebook services dominate the OTT communication and social media market in Australia and New Zealand, as in Europe and the USA."
This report focuses on aspects of Analysys Mason's Connected Consumer Survey that relate to the behaviour, preferences and plans of smartphone users in Australia and New Zealand. In particular, it focuses on respondents' usage of over-the-top (OTT) communications and social media services.
- identifies which communications apps are used most in Australia and New Zealand
- highlights the pockets of growth that remain in the OTT communication market
- identifies which app features are used most on communication apps
- discusses the ways in which consumers balance OTT communications with traditional services
- compares the usage patterns of Australian and New Zealander respondents with those of their peers in Europe and the USA.
SURVEY DATA COVERAGE:
The research was conducted between July and September 2018. The survey groups were chosen to be representative of the mobile-Internet-using population in Australia and New Zealand. We set quotas on age, gender and geographical spread to that effect. There were a minimum of 1000 respondents per country.
Facebook’s investment in Jio Platforms is likely to pave the way for a super app in the mould of WeChat
COVID-19 is revolutionising digital communications and testing providers’ reliability and ability to innovate
Connected Consumer Survey 2019: OTT communication services in the Middle East