Connected Consumer Survey 2017: OTT and digital economy services in Europe and the USA
01 March 2018 | Research
"OTT and digital services are reaching market saturation in Europe and the USA. 83% of respondents use at least one OTT social networking app, while nearly two thirds make purchases online more than once a month."
This report focuses on aspects of Analysys Mason's Connected Consumer Survey that relate to the behaviour, preferences and plans of smartphone users in Europe and the USA. In particular, it focuses on respondents' usage of over-the-top (OTT) communications and digital economy services.
- identifies which communications apps are used most in Europe and the USA
- discusses the ways in which consumers balance OTT communications with traditional services
- discusses the main ecommerce trends in Europe and the USA, including the type of devices that consumers use to purchase goods, the kinds of products that they buy, and the main payment mechanisms for ecommerce
- provides insight into the organisations that consumers in these regions are most willing to trust
- analyses the trends in the adoption of ad-blockers and services that help consumers to protect their privacy, such as VPNs.
Survey data coverage:
The research was conducted in June 2017. The survey groups were chosen to be representative of the mobile-Internet-using population in Europe and the USA. We set quotas on age, gender and geographical spread to that effect. There were a minimum of 1000 respondents per country.
Facebook’s investment in Jio Platforms is likely to pave the way for a super app in the mould of WeChat
COVID-19: telecoms operators will not be immune to the impact of the outbreak – recovery could take up to 4 years
COVID-19 scenarios for telecoms operator service revenue: worldwide forecasts 2019–2024