Service design and orchestration systems: worldwide market shares 2018
09 September 2019 | Research
Market share report | PPTX and PDF (28 slides) | Service Design and Orchestration
This report provides market share data for communications service provider (CSP) spending on telecoms-specific service design and orchestration (SDO) software systems and related services for 2018. It provides details of how the spending varied by delivery model, service type, vendor and region. The report also includes 'snapshots' of information about the leading vendors in the market.
Service design and orchestration total revenue by vendor, worldwide, 2018
Key developments in the service design and orchestration systems market in 2018
- The SDO market declined marginally by 0.3% to reach USD9.5 billion in 2018. CSPs shifted investments to newer initiatives such as supporting SD-WAN, fibre roll-outs and OSS modernisation.
- Functional boundaries continued to blur between key SDO systems such as activation and order management software, and network orchestration software such as multi-vendor WAN configurators and NFV orchestrator (NFVO).
- Vendor A was the overall market leader, followed by Vendor B. Vendor D was the leader in the product-related revenue category.
Key questions answered in the service design and orchestration market share report
|What was the overall size of the market (service design and orchestration (SDO) software systems for the telecoms industry) and what drove this spending among CSPs?|
|How did the spending vary across different sub-segments of the service design and orchestration (SDO) market?|
|Who are the major vendors and what is their share of revenue in the service design and orchestration (SDO) systems market?|
|What are the different drivers and growth rates of CSP spending on products, product-related services and professional services?|
Service design and orchestration total revenue by type, worldwide, 2018
Who should read this report
- Vendor strategy teams that need to understand where growth is slowing and where it is increasing across different sub-segment categories.
- Product management teams responsible for feature functionality and geographical focus, and product marketing teams responsible for market-share growth.
- Market intelligence teams at vendors that want to understand how their competitors compare to each other.
- CSPs that are planning digital transformation journeys and want to ensure that their current vendors are staying up to date.
This report provides:
- detailed market share data for the service design and orchestration software systems market overall, as well as four sub-segments:
- inventory management
- engineering systems
- order management
- a summary of key developments in the market overall and in each sub-segment
- an Excel data spreadsheet of revenue and share for the top-six vendors in this segment, split by type and by region
- detailed profiles of 11 vendors in this market, and summaries of other players.
Telecoms software and services market share reports
Learn more about Analysys Mason's annual telecoms software and services market share reports.
Communications service providers need a 5G digital operations platform to prepare for the 5G era
Service design and orchestration vendor product tracker 2020
Reimagining and reshaping the OSS for the 5G era