Subscription, advertising and transactional models for TV and video: case studies and analysis
07 October 2019 | Research
Case study | PPTX and PDF (12 slides) | Video Strategies
"Six case studies of video services suggest that operators and pay-TV providers can access new revenue streams through alternative service models, targeted advertising and the ‘super-aggregator’ strategy."
TV and video service providers are adopting innovative approaches to advertising, subscription and transactional service models in order to capture some of the USD95 billion of revenue growth in the TV and video market in the next 5 years. This report provides examples of companies innovating in these areas.
This report answers the following questions.
- How can operators and TV broadcasters capture some of the advertising, subscription and transactional revenue growth that is expected over the next 5 years?
- Are operators innovating away from the traditional subscription-based pay-TV business model?
- What best practices emerge from innovative video services? Can they be replicated by other operators or players in the TV and video market?
The following services are featured in case studies.
- Liiga Finland (Telia Company)
- Blockbuster (TDC Group)
- Viu (PCCW)
- NBA Passes (Turner Sports (AT&T))
- Amazon Channels (Amazon)
- AdSmart (Sky (Comcast))
Security and the mid-market: how telecoms operators can launch a proposition
IMS: vendors must support MNOs’ voice strategies during the migration to 5G standalone
Synopsys: eSIM/iSIM for IoT