Video and identity platforms: worldwide market shares 2018
12 August 2019 | Research
Market share report | PPTX and PDF (29 slides); Excel | Video and Identity Platforms
"Operator spending in the VIP market was flat in 2018 because the SDM market had matured and the VMD market experienced changes that limited spending."
This report provides market share data for communications service provider (CSP) spending on telecoms-specific video and identity platforms (VIP) software and related services for 2018. It assesses which vendors are leading in the VIP market and provides profiles of the leaders and their challengers. The VIP market was flat in 2018 at USD4.7 billion; the decline in the challenging video management and delivery (VMD) market (-2%) was offset by the slight growth (1%) in the mature subscriber data management (SDM) market.
Video and identity platforms total revenue by vendor, worldwide, 2018
Key developments in the video and identity platforms market in 2018
- The VIP market was flat in 2018. The decline in VMD spending (–2%) was offset by the slight growth (1%) in the SDM market.
- Operators' VMD spending continued to decline. Limited spending on legacy transformations; Cisco and Ericsson's departure; saturation in some developed markets; prolonged transition to new services (OTT, UHD); and increased in-house development were the main factors.
- The SDM market continued its growth in 2018, albeit at a slower rate due to its high maturity. New investments came from long-tail IMS/VoLTE (especially in China), NFV, IoT and subscriber data exposure use cases.
Key questions answered in the video and identity platforms market share report
|What was the overall size of the market (video and identity platforms in the telecoms industry) and what drove this spending among CSPs?|
|How did the spending vary across different sub-segments of the video and identity platforms market?|
|Who are the major vendors and what is their share of revenue in the video and identity platforms market?|
|What are the different drivers and growth rates of CSP spending on products, product-related services and professional services?|
Video and identity platforms total revenue by type, worldwide, 2018
Who should read this report
- Vendor strategy teams that need to understand where growth is slowing and where it is increasing across different sub-segment categories.
- Product management teams responsible for feature functionality and geographical focus, and product marketing teams responsible for market-share growth.
- Market intelligence teams at vendors that want to understand how their competitors compare with each other.
- CSPs that are planning digital transformation journeys and want to ensure that their current vendors are staying up to date.
This report provides:
- detailed market share data for the video and identity platforms software systems market overall, as well as two sub-segments:
- video management and delivery (VMD)
- subscriber data management (SDM) (including identity management (IdM))
- a summary of key developments in the market overall and in each sub-segment
- an Excel data spreadsheet of revenue and share for the top six vendors in this segment, split by type and by region
- detailed profiles of 14 vendors in this market, and summaries of other players.
Contact usDenotes mandatory fields
Log in to check if this content is included in your content subscription.
Telecoms software and services market share reports
Learn more about Analysys Mason's annual telecoms software and services market share reports.
Cloud gaming requires ‘game ready’ 5G networks and industry co-operation
Operator success in digital media ecosystems depends on one-to-many partnerships and differentiated user journeys
Kaltura Cloud TV: video management and delivery