Virtual packet core deployments: worldwide forecast 2019–2023
04 March 2020 | Research
Forecast report | PPTX and PDF (12 slides) | Next-Generation Wireless Networks
"CSP spending on virtual packet core networks will be important for initial 5G service launches and to prepare for 5G standalone (SA) architecture."
Communications service provider (CSP) spending on migrating the core from physical to virtualised platforms and the required upgrades to deliver 5G is forecast to grow worldwide from USD785 million in 2018 to USD5.0 billion in 2023 (at a CAGR of 45%). This is driven by mobile data traffic growth and the need to upgrade from 5G non-standalone (NSA) to standalone (SA) architecture.
This report provides:
- a detailed, 5-year worldwide forecast for spending in the virtual evolved packet core (vEPC) software market, split into:
- four sub-segments: software, hardware, professional services and virtual packet core architecture
- eight geographical regions: Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), developed Asia–Pacific (DVAP), emerging Asia–Pacific (EMAP), Latin America (LATAM), the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), North America (NA), Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and Western Europe (WE)
- a detailed market definition
- recommendations for CSPs and vendors
- analysis of the key vendors in the market.