Telecoms software: worldwide market shares 2017
19 November 2018 | Research
Market share report | PPTX and PDF (121 slides); Excel | Telecoms Software Market Shares
"In 2017, telecoms software and related services market spending declined by 1% due to limited physical network infrastructure investments and reduced spending on traditional OSS/BSS/NMS."
Telecoms software and related professional services market spending declined by 1% year-on-year in 2017 due to communications service providers' (CSPs’) reduced spending on network infrastructure and traditional OSS/BSS/NMS , despite the progress in CSP digital and network transformation initiatives. The main growth areas within the market were those that supported process automation (such as network automation and orchestration and AI and analytics), new enterprise and video services and the delivery of more-digital, omni-channel customer experience and engagement.
This market share report provides:
- detailed market share data for CSP spending on telecoms-specific software systems and related services across different segments:
- AI and analytics
- customer engagement
- automated assurance
- service design and orchestration
- video and identity platforms
- monetisation platforms
- network automation and orchestration
- a summary of key developments in the market overall and in each segment.