Effective monetisation of 5G: the deficiency of existing charging systems will drive CSP spending
22 March 2018 | Research
Strategy report | PPTX and PDF (6 slides) | Monetisation Platforms
"As the first 5G deployments draw near, CSPs and vendors are already preparing for monetising an all-new category of services that 5G is expected to enable."
Most communications service providers (CSPs) are currently ill-equipped, from a support infrastructure perspective, to effectively monetise the new opportunities that 5G will enable. This is especially true for CSPs' enterprise-focused businessess, which is where a large number of early 5G business cases are applicable.
This report provides discussion on:
- the key drivers for the growing focus on CSPs' capabilities to monetise 5G use cases
- why 5G will drive demand for new types of monetisation systems
- how 5G deployments will impact CSPs' BSS support infrastructure
- how different vendors are positioned for the emerging 5G opportunity
- recommendations to CSPs and vendors regarding the adoption of 5G charging systems.
Amdocs RevenueONE: monetisation platforms
The introduction of automation to business operations creates new opportunities for CSPs and vendors
Monetisation platforms: worldwide forecast 2019–2023