Service assurance for NFV/SDN: worldwide forecast 2016–2020
"Vendors should respond to the immediate need that CSPs have for NFV/SDN deployments by providing vIMS, vCPE and SD-WAN solutions and strengthening their services organisations."
Service assurance in virtualised networks will be decentralised and distributed across multiple network function virtualisation (NFV) management layers. Embedded assurance functions in the management and orchestration (MANO) and software-defined networking (SDN) control stack, in the virtual network functions (VNFs) and in the service orchestration layers will work together to enable closed-loop automation.
This report provides:
- a 5-year forecast of the service assurance (SA) market for NFV/SDN deployments
- a professional service segment forecast and commentary for the mobile (business and consumer) and fixed (business and consumer) segments
- a forecast and commentary for the following SA sub-segments:
- probes systems
- performance monitoring
- fault and event management
- service management
- workforce automation
- market drivers and inhibitors
Cloud-native 5G calls for data sources with common standards for use in automated assurance
vRAN: the high-level implications for OSS
Network automation: a solution framework for service agility and cost economics in cloud-enabled 5G networks