Consumer smartphone analytics: ecommerce in Germany, the UK and the USA
15 June 2017 | Research
Strategy report | PPTX and PDF (14 slides); Excel | Digital Economy Strategies
"Amazon and eBay are the leading mobile commerce apps in terms of penetration and engagement in the countries analysed."
This report analyses real-world smartphone usage data to answer urgent questions about the status of ecommerce services in Germany, the UK, and the USA. The report discusses levels of consumer engagement with various commerce, classifieds and directory apps and reports on determinants of their success.
This report provides:
- insight into real-world usage of ecommerce services, including penetration, time spent on apps and frequency of engagement in Germany, the UK and the USA
- levels of penetration and engagement of select ecommerce apps for these markets
- demographic analysis of ecommerce usage and behaviour on smartphones in Germany, the UK and the USA
- discussion of the key success factors for ecommerce apps in Germany, the UK and the USA.
Survey data coverage
The analysis is based on data provided by Verto Analytics, collected through a passive on-device monitoring app ‘Smart Panel’. The app runs in the background of the device. It registers actions undertaken by the user and relevant activity on the device, namely:
- app downloads and usage
- system processes
- data traffic from each app/process
- voice traffic
- web browser activity.
Côte d’Ivoire telecoms market report 2020
Operator business services: Austria forecast 2019–2024
Facebook’s investment in Jio Platforms is likely to pave the way for a super app in the mould of WeChat