eSIMs: opportunities for operators
The increasing support for eSIMs from Apple and Google shows the growing credibility of the technology, but raises challenges for operators. In order to respond effectively, they need to re-examine their product portfolios, retail channels and MVNO and wholesale strategies.
This report provides:
- a discussion of the growing support for eSIMs, outlining the extent of the support among mobile operators and handset manufacturers
- an exploration of how eSIMs could transform the traditional customer journey
- insight into the various channels that customers use to buy products and services
- analysis of the challenges that operators face if eSIM adoption becomes mainstream
- recommendations for operators on how to adapt to the changing retail landscape.
Connected Consumer Survey 2019: mobile, fixed broadband, TV and video services in Taiwan
Smartphones: worldwide trends and forecasts 2019–2024 (COVID-19 update)
Connected Consumer Survey 2019: mobile services and devices in emerging Asia–Pacific