Longer-term perspectives on 5G: enterprise IoT and the expansion of telecoms – video
22 October 2019 | Research
Caroline Gabriel, Principal Analyst, and Michele Mackenzie, presented these slides at Analysys Mason's seventh annual invitation-only event in London on Thursday 3 October 2019. This event was designed to help operators and vendors to understand the key drivers and trends that are influencing the telecoms, media and technology (TMT) industry in Europe.
This presentation provides:
- a potential roadmap for future 5G deployments
- a framework for assessing longer-term 5G applications, including demand, competing solutions (such as private networks and Wi-Fi 6) and RAN
- an assessment of key 5G applications, such as those in the industrial, automotive and healthcare sectors
- an aggregate view on the demand for longer-term 5G applications
- implications for the value chain: does 5G offer operators a long-term role in the digital ecosystem? Does 5G offer operators a growth story?
The impact of COVID-19 on 5G networks and services
NTT DOCOMO calls into question the strategy of having both NB-IoT and LTE-M
Eutelsat’s satellite IoT products should provide a useful complement to terrestrial LPWA networks