Singapore is improving urban living standards to attract new talent
Singapore was a relatively early adopter of smart-city projects, but it was not until 2014 that the Prime Minister launched the Smart Nation programme to serve as a platform for the promotion and coordination of smart-city developments. Many of the smart-city services and applications in Singapore focus on improving urban living, with the goal of attracting new talent and industries.
This case study provides:
- an introduction to Singapore's smart-city strategy
- Singapore's key motives for deploying smart-city projects
- an outline of smart-city services
- an overview of the key stakeholders
- an overview of the city's funding mechanisms
- key points on policy and regulation.