COVID-19 scenarios for telecoms operator service revenue: worldwide forecasts 2019–2024
07 May 2020 | Research
Forecast report | PPTX and PDF (18 slides); Excel | Fixed Broadband Services| Digital Services| Mobile Services| Operator Investment Strategies| Global Telecoms Data| The Middle East and Africa| Asia–Pacific| European Core Forecasts| SME Strategies| Video, Gaming and Entertainment| Large Enterprise Voice and Data Connectivity| Large Enterprise Emerging Service Opportunities| Americas
This report examines the range of outcomes for operators’ telecoms service revenue in eight geographical regions worldwide. The report explores the economic impact that COVID-19 may have on 10 different components of operator service revenue using three scenarios: mild, moderate and severe.
This report answers the following questions.
- Which regions will be affected most severely by COVID-19 in terms of telecoms operator service revenue?
- Which services will be impacted most severely by the global pandemic?
- How long will it take for revenue to return to pre-COVID-19 levels (if at all)?
- Will any services benefit from the COVID-19 pandemic?
- We built three scenarios around different GDP forecasts based on third-party data: mild, moderate and severe.
- We broke telecoms operator revenue into 10 component services, each of which will respond differently to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- residential mobile
- residential fixed
- business mobile
- business fixed
- business ICT
- mobile IoT
- digital economy
- mobile wholesale
- fixed wholesale.
- We quantified the impact of each scenario on telecoms operator service revenue. These forecasts explore the impact on usage, the subscriber base, average spending and other areas.
Click below to take you to the latest dataset if you are logged in and it is part of your subscription. The DataHub interface will only show you the data to which you are subscribed.
Insights into how COVID-19 will impact the TMT industry and how to navigate the challenges