Mobile capex: worldwide trends and forecast 2018–2026
18 August 2020 | Research
Forecast report | PPTX and PDF (18 slides); Excel | Next-Generation Wireless Networks
This is a comprehensive forecast of every aspect of mobile capex. This report provides an invaluable analysis of the key trends in mobile capex for operators, vendors and investors, at a time when fast-moving operators are preparing to migrate their networks to standalone (SA) architecture and accelerate nationwide 5G build-outs, and many operators in emerging markets are starting their initial 5G deployments using non-standalone (NSA) architecture.
This report answers the following questions.
- How quickly will capex spending in 5G grow across different global regions and individual markets?
- Which elements of operator capex will decline by 2026, and will there be new areas that are attracting increased investments?
- What will be the RAN revenue mix for vendors as operators plan and deploy new networks, particularly virtual RAN?
- Which markets represent the most promising opportunities for vendors in terms of mobile technology coverage expansion?
- To what extent can capex spending grow in emerging markets across the globe?
Nokia announced O-RAN products before its competitors, but the ecosystem must still develop
Vendors should encourage MNOs to upgrade their IMSs to reduce costs and provide a basis for 5G services
Green 5G: building a sustainable world