Telecoms capex: worldwide trends and forecasts 2017–2027
29 June 2021 | Research
Forecast report | PPTX and PDF (27 slides); Excel | Operator Investment Strategies
This report provides forecasts for capex for established and new telecoms operators and infrastructure providers between 2017 and 2027. It provides a detailed breakdown of capex by region, network technology and category. It also analyses the spending patterns and priorities of 10 different operator types including converged, mobile-only, wholesale, B2B and hyperscale providers.
This report answers the following questions.
- What do we expect the trends in telecoms capex to be between 2017 and 2027 and what are the drivers for investment?
- For which technologies or architecture will operator spending grow, and for which will spending decline?
- How will operators’ different business models affect their approaches to investment, and will some shift budgets more heavily towards opex?
- How much capital spending will be made by non-traditional operators, by wholesale providers, and by cloud or enterprise co-investors?
- How will new digital architecture affect capex during the 2020s?
What are virtualised RAN (vRAN) and Open RAN?
Network sharing challenges and solutions: strategies for operators
Operators are pursuing sustainability targets by moving from legacy networks and adopting AI/ML solutions