AI-enabled automation in the telecoms industry: insights for communications service providers and vendors
27 May 2020 | Research
Strategy report | PPTX and PDF (31 slides) | AI and Analytics
"Communications service providers need a centralised approach to co-ordinating both AI-based development and cognitive AI tools to achieve greater automation."
The complexity and fast-changing nature of communications service providers' (CSPs') business processes makes automation (including automation of human and real-world interactions) a challenge. Artificial intelligence (AI) can address these challenges by using complex data sets to make better decisions and by applying algorithms to understand real-world data such as voice, text and images.
This report answers the following questions.
- What benefits does AI bring to automation that previous approaches were unable to achieve?
- Which challenges are best solved using AI technology and why is this technology more effective than previous approaches to automation?
- Where is AI situated within other classes of automation tools such as robotics process automation (RPA) and analytics?
- In which settings has AI been used successfully for automation?
- Which factors are driving the deployment of AI for automation within the telecoms industry?
AI can be used for automated processes that are complex and require both closed-loop coding and cognitive understanding