Cloud-native computing for telcos: definitions, challenges and opportunities
20 November 2017 | Research
Strategy report | PPTX and PDF (20 slides) | Digital Infrastructure Strategies
"Telcos that intend to become true digital service providers must make adoption of cloud-native technologies a strategic priority."
Web-scale companies pioneered cloud-native computing as the fastest and most efficient way of developing and deploying software in the cloud. Communications service providers (CSPs) must also adopt cloud-native computing across their businesses if they aim to become digital service providers (DSPs).
This report provides:
- an explanation of why cloud-native computing is important to CSPs and vendors
- a definition of cloud-native computing and descriptions of it simportant players
- a discussion of whether all CSPs must engage with cloud-native computing immediately
- details of ways that CSPs can accelerate cloud-native adoption
- details of the key drivers for cloud-native computing
- discussion of the business risks for both CSPs and vendors
Drivers of digital transformation and recommendations for CSPs
Click on the sample pages or download the PDF (818KB).
Edge computing: operator strategies, use cases and implementation
Etisalat underpins its digital transformation with SAHAB, a state-of-the-art telco cloud
NFV use cases: worldwide forecast 2019–2023