Connected Consumer Survey 2020: OTT communication and social media services in Europe and the USA
This report focuses on aspects of Analysys Mason's Connected Consumer Survey that relate to the behaviour, preferences and plans of smartphone users in Europe and the USA. In particular, it focuses on respondents' usage of over-the-top (OTT) communication and social media services.
- identifies which communication apps are used the most in Europe and the USA
- highlights the pockets of growth that remain in the OTT communications market
- identifies which app features are used the most on communication apps
- discusses the ways in which consumers balance their use of OTT communications with that of traditional services
- identifies consumers’ preferred channels for communicating with brands.
Survey data coverage
The research was conducted between August and September 2020. The survey groups were chosen to be representative of the mobile-internet-using population in Europe and the USA. We set quotas on age, gender and geographical spread to that effect. There were a minimum of 1000 respondents per country.
Connected Consumer Survey
Analysys Mason's Connected Consumer Survey tracks and measures consumers’ changing telecoms and media habits, device ownership, connectivity options and future plans.
Connected Consumer Survey 2020: OTT communication and social media services in emerging Asia–Pacific
Application-to-person messaging in emerging Asia–Pacific: trends and forecasts 2020–2025
Application-to-person messaging in Western Europe: trends and forecasts 2020–2025