NFV use cases: worldwide forecast 2017–2021
27 March 2018 | Research
Forecast report | PPTX and PDF (8 slides) | Cloud Infrastructure Strategies
Commercial network function virtualisation (NFV) deployments continue to grow in size and scope as communications service providers (CSPs) focus on cost optimisation, faster times to market for new services, enterprise services revenue growth and futureproofing their networks for 5G. This report provides a market sizing and forecast for NFV use cases' spending for 2016–2021, broken down by the three main use cases (vEPC, vIMS and vCPE) and others, as well as service type and region.
This report provides:
- a detailed, 5-year worldwide forecast for CSP spending by NFV use case, split into:
- four use case categories: vEPC, vIMS, vCPE and other use cases
- four service types: consumer mobile, consumer fixed, business mobile and business fixed
- three market sub-segments: software, hardware and professional services
- eight geographical regions: Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), developed Asia–Pacific (DVAP), emerging Asia–Pacific (EMAP), Latin America (LATAM), the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), North America (NA), Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and Western Europe (WE)
- an examination of the key market drivers and inhibitors, and how they will change during the forecast period
- recommendations for CSPs and vendors.