The e-sports opportunity for operators: a three-step guide
14 July 2017 | Research
"E-sports are becoming increasingly popular, but most operators are not yet taking advantage of developments in this market."
E-sports, encompassing a range of online competitive video games, are attracting increasingly large audiences and funding, and this has resulted in their gradual entry into mainstream entertainment.
In this report, we investigate operators’ e-sports activities and we consider how these approaches align with a forward-looking strategy. Operators can benefit from brand exposure to a young, tech-savvy customer segment, while enriching their TV content proposition, and can potentially generate new revenue streams through partnerships with advertisers and publishers.
This report provides:
- an analysis of the characteristics and audience demographics for e-sports, including mobile handset usage
- a discussion of the benefits to operators of engaging in the e-sports space
- a three-step strategy for operators that want to successfully broaden their presence in this market
- examples of operator activities, including sponsorship, broadcasting, and investment in e-sports
- an overview of the potential ways to monetise e-sports engagement on mobile networks.
Netcracker is helping to build momemtum in the telecoms industry for cloud-based development and delivery
Cisco Systems: professional services for telecoms software
Loyalty programme strategies for operators: case studies and analysis