The future for fixed access OR the re-emergence of fixed–mobile substitution – video
28 October 2019 | Research
Rupert Wood, Research Director, presented these slides at Analysys Mason's seventh annual invitation-only event in London on Thursday 3 October 2019. This event was designed to help operators and vendors to understand the key drivers and trends that are influencing the telecoms, media and technology (TMT) industry in Europe.
This presentation covers the following topics.
- What determines the scale of the threat from 5G fixed–wireless access to the local loop?
- The importance of fit-for-purpose indoor networks.
- How quickly copper networks can be decommissioned.
- How soon investment in 10G, or even 25G and 50G, should start.
- How feasible and useful 5G/wireline transport and core convergence is.
Progressive spectrum policy is as critical to 5G backhaul as it is to the RAN
The indoor quality of experience for 5G is just as important as the outdoor experience
The impact of COVID-19 on 5G networks and services