Why telcos need to develop a satellite strategy now
In this podcast, satellite and space experts Chris Baugh and Lluc Palerm discuss the exciting launch of our first satellite and space research programme Satellite Strategies for Telcos.
They discuss topics including the following.
- Why telcos need to develop a satellite strategy now
- The recent changes in the satellite market
- What they each have learnt from their discussions with telcos and how satellites could offer a solution to many challenges telcos face
- What a satellite strategy looks like and whether it will be the same for all telcos
- The big themes that satellites could help with include:
- direct-to-device communication
- rural broadband
- How this new research programme could help to guide telcos through the process of creating a satellite strategy
Related research programmeSatellite Strategies for Telcos