Open RAN: a framework for understanding the vendor ecosystem
11 March 2022 | Research
Framework report | PPTX and PDF (34 slides) | Next-Generation Wireless Networks
Vendor revenue from Open RAN products, components and services is forecast to reach USD45.1 billion worldwide by 2026. This report describes the Open RAN ecosystem, identifies the leading and emerging players, and assesses the size of their opportunity.
Key questions answered in this report
- What is the Open RAN market worth now and what will it be worth in 2026?
- Where is the early Open RAN activity taking place geographically?
- What are the key components of the Open RAN ecosystem?
- Which are the key and emerging vendors in each segment?
- Which players are having the greatest influence over building ecosystems and driving the market to maturity?
The Open RAN market context, ecosystem categories and vendor revenue in 2026
Open RAN vendors have an opportunity with private networks, regardless of their success with public 5G
5G deployment numbers are accelerating and operators are focusing on standalone architecture
Open RAN could deliver up to 30% TCO savings for operators with the right platform strategy and skill set