Telecoms opex: worldwide trends and forecast 2020–2027
17 May 2022 | Research
Forecast report | PPTX and PDF (14 slides); Excel | Operator Investment Strategies
This report provides forecasts for telecoms opex, including network and general operating costs, between 2020 and 2027. It provides details of spending split by operator profile and region, and analyses the main causes of any cost increases or efficiencies. The forecasts are broken down into 27 categories of spending (both network-related and non-network-related).
Key questions answered in this report
- How will telecoms opex change between 2020 and 2027 and what will drive these changes?
- In which categories will spending change the most?
- What are the key challenges for operators that are aiming to reduce opex?
- How will the expansion of 4G and 5G networks affect opex?
- What are the main opex reduction strategies that operators can adopt and what are the risks?
- How can opex efficiency strategies such as outsourcing and the use of SaaS provide opportunities to vendors?
Operators must address the connectivity divide between urban and rural areas
Network sharing: case studies and analysis (volume II)
Strategies to address the economic challenges of rural network deployment