Software-defined satellites, 3rd edition
12 September 2023 | Research
Forecast report | PDF (3 slides); Excel; CSV | Satellite Infrastructure
Our Software-defined satellites, 3rd edition report analyses global demand for flexible, software-defined satellites for geostationary (GEO) and non-GEO satellites over the next decade.
The satellite industry is witnessing a surge in capacity demand and capabilities due to technological advancements throughout its value chain. This growth is driven by changing customer needs and seasonal fluctuations, prompting innovations in ground, cloud, and satellite network management. To stay competitive and achieve market dominance, operators and manufacturers are turning to software-defined satellites as a significant shift in design.
This report offers an in-depth analysis of this market trend, highlighting key manufacturers, their offerings, and the impact on satellite communications over the next decade.
The rising demand for satellite constellations, aimed at global connectivity and diverse network applications, is fueling growth in satellite manufacturing. This growth is characterised by hardware standardisation and enhanced software capabilities, emphasising modular and adaptable platforms. While non-GEO constellations are evolving into intricate networks, GEO satellites are fostering better co-ordination across orbits and frequency bands. This varied demand is opening doors for opportunities like adaptable mission profiles post-launch, customer-centric requirements, hosted payloads, and satellite-as-a-service, all of which could benefit from more versatile satellites.
This report answers the following questions:
- How are software-defined satellites transforming the current satellite communications market?
- What are the primary drivers behind the increasing demand for satellite constellations?
- How are GEO and non-GEO satellites adapting to the changing demands of the industry?
- In what ways can more flexible satellites better cater to the emerging needs of the satellite market?
Who should read this report:
- Investors and financial institutions
- Government agencies
- Satellite operators
- Satellite manufacturers and integrators
- Launch service providers
- Launch vehicle manufacturers
- Launch brokers and integrators
- Sub-system and component manufacturers
- Ground systems manufacturers and service providers
- Regulatory agencies and policy makers
- Data aalytics companies
- Anyone seeking the industry’s most comprehensive and actionable analysis of global software-defined satellites
Software-defined satellites: is the GEO communications market at a breaking point?
Satellite manufacturing and launch markets, 3Q 2023 update
The pulse of the satellite industry: questions and answers for senior executives 2023