Our consultants are helping telecoms operators and financial institutions identify the value of moving into the digital space.
Analysys Mason has conducted a wide range of strategic and transaction advisory projects for clients around the globe in helping them to deliver digital services and find opportunities to monetise data.
Incumbent operator strategy projects: Telecoms operators, media companies and vendors
- Digital payment strategies: Conceptualised the commercial and technical digital payment (e-commerce, m-payments, and digital currency) strategy for mobile operators in South East Asia.
- Digital payments M&A: Supported a regional telecoms operator in the due diligence of a mobile payments provider in India.
- Advertising: Devised a gowth strategy for a European publisher in its online advertising business.
- IoT market sizing: Produced three reports on the Internet of Things (IoT) in Asia–Pacific, Latin America and the Middle East and North Africa for an international industry association.
- IoT regulation: Assessed the impact of spectrum regulatory frameworks on the development of M2M/IoT services.
- Smart cities: Explored the different operating models adopted by smart cities, key smart-city services deployed, the benefits they hope to deliver, and the technologies, standards and suppliers used to support them in a white paper for Huawei.
Strategy projects for Internet services companies
- Global connectivity improvement: Supported Facebook to research and jointly write its State of Connectivity 2015 report to assess why 4.1 billion people do not use the Internet.
- Data-driven innovation: Undertook a ground-breaking study for Google on innovations relating to user data and their impact on the Singapore and Japanese economy.
- E-commerce: Developed best practice for creating and running a successful e-commerce site in India for an global Internet service provider.
- Content: Undertook a regulatory review for a global online content provider on how online audio-visual content is regulated in ten countries.
- Advertising/digital identity: Commissioned to undertake a strategy and investment case for a player in the digital advertising market and a new entrant in the emerging digital identity market in the UK.
Internet transaction advisory experience
- Ecommerce: Due diligence of an ecommerce company that operates worldwide by assessing the global growth prospect and evaluating the business model.
- Local services: Market assessment of the local media and local services space in Indonesia and detailed follow-up assessment of key players in the segments.
- Travel: Assessment of the travel market (airlines and hotels) in the MENA region.
- Advertising: Due diligence of a global digital advertising company’s business model, and ad-tech industry trend profiling.
- Classifieds: Value chain analysis for a consumer Internet company with operations in India and the Middle East.
Supported a leading MNO in South-East Asia on an assessment of a digital wallet provider, to strengthen its positioning in the mobile payments space
Our client engaged Analysys Mason to support an assessment of a digital wallet provider to strengthe...Supported a leading MNO in South-East Asia on an assessment of a digital wallet provider, to strengthen its positioning in the mobile payments space
We assisted an internationally recognised TMT company in South-East Asia to evaluate a partnership opportunity with a leading cloud service provider
Our client commissioned Analysys Mason to evaluate an opportunity to partner with a leading cloud se...We assisted an internationally recognised TMT company in South-East Asia to evaluate a partnership opportunity with a leading cloud service provider
The impact of COVID-19 on 5G networks and services
NTT DOCOMO calls into question the strategy of having both NB-IoT and LTE-M
Eutelsat’s satellite IoT products should provide a useful complement to terrestrial LPWA networks