The Network Traffic research programme brings together our wireless and fixed traffic forecasts. The programme keeps abreast of emerging trends, and provides a deep understanding of the forces – both internal and external to the telecoms industry – that shape network traffic. The programme is data-rich, and provides a high level of granularity across countries, devices, networks and application.
- Fixed–mobile traffic dynamics, fixed usage and the impact on the business case for fixed wireless access.
- Impact of unlimited pricing and FMC on mobile data usage.
- End-user bandwidth demand versus what bandwidth an operator has to market.
- The relationship between traffic and capex.
- The impact of CDNs, MEC and similar on access and core traffic.
Programme Head Rupert WoodRupert Wood Research Director | Fibre Networks
Contact usDenotes mandatory fields
Wireless network data traffic: worldwide trends and forecasts 2020–2025
COVID-19: operators should be concerned about the robustness of networks rather than capacity
Fixed network data traffic: worldwide trends and forecasts 2019–2025