Analysys Mason’s predictions for M&A activity in the telecoms market in 2019
Analysys Mason's top-10 predictions for M&A activity in the telecoms market in 2019.
For additional detail around each prediction, download our free predictions paper. Click on the download module on the right.
- Acquisition multiples for infrastructure assets will continue to soar.
- Infrastructure carve-outs will become more common.
- Financiers will put pressure on European fixed incumbents to separate and to sell stakes in access networks.
- Discussions about the benefits of creating a full-infrastructure business model will intensify.
- The fibre deployment value chain will experience an increasing level of M&A activity.
- Private equity firms will shop around for B2B cloud service companies.
- Operators' M&A agendas will be dictated by the need to strengthen their enterprise and IoT capabilities.
- 5G is coming but it will be operator-led, limiting the financial investors' M&A opportunity in 2019.
- More IoT MVNOs will find new owners.
- Network virtualisation/cloud native will continue to support the 'innovate-and-sell' investment thesis for challenger software providers.
Analysys Mason is the commercial and technical advisor of choice of several major financial investors and industry players thanks to our exclusive focus on telecoms, media and technology (TMT) and the experience that we have gained in over 350 transaction support assignments worldwide during the last 5 years.
Do you have any comments on our M&A predictions for 2019? Please get in touch with the author, Alessandro Ravagnolo.
Download 2019 M&A predictions in the telecoms market
Click below to download our top-10 predictions for M&A activity in the telecoms market in 2019.Download your free copy
CSPs’ spending on SaaS solutions for OSS and BSS will increase to USD15.8 billion by 2028
Operators must do more to ensure IP network resilience
Private LTE/5G networks: how big is the opportunity and what is driving the market?