18-21 March 2024 | Washington, DC | Walter E. Washington Convention Centre
Connectivity lies at the heart of every industry and plays a transformative role in shaping the world we live in. From government and military operations to transportation and media, satellite technology continues to revolutionize how we communicate, collaborate, and conquer new frontiers. Today there is unlimited opportunity for companies to take advantage of the efficiencies, savings, and benefits that satellite and space technology can offer. Meet with us at Satellite 2024 and join one of our three panel discussions.
We are pleased to once again be hosting NSR’s Breakfast Briefing at Satellite 2024. The briefing is a great way to kick off your day and hear from NSR’s senior team on key issues impacting the SATCOM market. Register your interest here.
About the event
Monday 18 March 2024 | 9:30-10:30 | Room 147
Panel 1: Satellite Industry Financial Forecasts from the Satellite Builders
Satellite demand has shown no signs of slowing down, with forecasts more than doubling expectations made just a few years ago. Despite challenging market conditions, technological development, combined with competition and new downstream opportunities, has spurred more operators to build more satellites, especially as part of new constellations. However, issues of replenishment, downstream competition, and changing manufacturing landscapes point to challenges in maintaining the pace.
The discussion will focus on business models, technological approach, insights on demand, investment, financing, and pricing capabilities as seen in the market from the manufacturer perspective.
Moderator: Dallas Kasaboski, expert in space infrastructure
- Alain Faure, Executive Vice President Space Systems, Airbus Defence and Space
- Chris Johnson, SVP and GM, Space Maxar Technologies
- Hervé Derrey, CEO, Thales Alenia Space
- Jean-Marc Nasr, Executive Vice President Space Systems, Airbus Defence and Space LTD
- Mike Greenley, CEO, MDA Inc.
- Ryan Reid, President, Boeing Satellite Systems International, Inc.
Monday 18 March 2024 | 10:45-11:45 | Room 147
Panel 2: Space Investors Forum: What Do We Expect from New Startups?
As macroeconomic conditions continue to mount, what do space investors want from new space start-ups? Are investors continuing to fund cash-heavy pre-revenue ventures or is "money today" the answer? Does the purpose matter? Are there bright spots within the space ecosystem? Join the panelists as we explore which pitches make it, the companies/services/segments that get them excited, and the difficult conversations occurring today throughout the space industry.
Moderator: Jose Del Rosario, expert in satcom, mobility and government/military
Celeste V. Ford, Managing Director, Stellar Ventures
- Donald Moore, CEO and Founder, Space Finance Corporation
- Judith Pryor, First Vice President and Vice Chair, Export-Import Bank of the United States
- Mark Boggett, CEO, Seraphim Capital
- Michael Mealling, General Partner, Starbridge Venture Capital
Monday 18 March 2024 | 14:00-15:00 | Room 147
Panel 3: Launch Services: Executives Respond to Supply and Demand Forecasts
The launch market that is getting increasingly pressured from all sides by customers and competitors alike to match the cadence and prices that SpaceX is setting for the industry. To stay ahead, as customers build and need to launch more constellations, what demand can be addressed and what is the strategy to beat rivals? Get a better understanding from executives in the launch business on how they overcome these challenges, their approach to investments and financing, business models and strategy that enable them to stay ahead of the pack.
Moderator: Claude Rousseau, expert in space infrastructure and satellite applications
- Adam Spice, CFO, Rocket Lab
- Iwao Igarashi, Vice President and General Manager, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd.
- Tim Ellis, Co-Founder and CEO, Relativity Space
- Tory Bruno, CEO, United Launch Alliance
- Stephanie Bednarek, VP Commercial Sales, SpaceX
- Stéphane Israël, CEO, Arianespace
Meet us at Satellite 2024 in Washington
- You can now book your conference-pass here (use the code NSR4SAT24 and get a discount off any conference-level pass and / or a free exhibition hall pass).
- We’d love to meet you and have a chat with you over a coffee. Let us know what topics you are interested in by emailing Satellite24@analysysmason.com and we’ll put you in touch with one or your satellite experts.