Tokyo is using smart-city technologies to become a ‘smart-energy city’
There are two key motives underpinning Japan's smart-city projects: improving energy security and efficiency; and showcasing advanced technology. In Tokyo, smart-city projects have introduced energy efficiency solutions, including high efficiency systems, electric vehicles and local power storage.
This case study provides:
- an introduction to Tokyo's smart-city strategy
- insights into the key motives for deploying a smart city
- an outline of smart-city services
- an overview of the key stakeholders
- an overview of the funding mechanisms for smart city projects
- key points, where applicable, on policy and regulation.
MNOs should be wary of less risk-averse, investor-backed IoT connectivity disruptors
IoT/M2M revenue and connections tracker 2Q 2021
IoT connectivity disruptors: service differentiation and revenue diversification