Radio access networks: worldwide forecast 2020–2025
09 March 2021 | Research
Forecast report | PPTX and PDF (17 pages) | Next-Generation Wireless Networks
This report provides forecasts for mobile network operator (MNO) spending on radio access network (RAN) equipment and professional services for 2020–2025. Spending on 5G-compatible RAN equipment will increase at a CAGR of 11.4% as MNOs continue to build out their 5G networks. Non-5G spending will fall at CAGR of –13% and some 4G/5G spending will shift to virtual RAN (vRAN) and site improvements.
This report provides:
- a detailed, 6-year worldwide forecast for spending in the RAN market, split into the following:
- coverage areas: physical and virtual RAN (vRAN), radio technology (5G and non-5G), sites and antennas
- two delivery types: product and professional services (PS)
- eight geographical regions: Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), developed Asia–Pacific (DVAP), emerging Asia–Pacific (EMAP), Latin America (LATAM), the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), North America (NA), Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and Western Europe (WE)
- an examination of the key market drivers and how they will affect spending during the forecast period
- analysis of the business environment and regional dynamics that will influence the market
- a detailed market definition
- recommendations for MNOs and vendors.
Radio access networks: worldwide forecast 2021–2026
700MHz spectrum will be crucial to the 5G business case and will create new vendor opportunities
5G networks were deployed on a large scale worldwide in 2020 despite the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic