Operator approaches to digital sub-brands in the Middle East and North Africa: case studies and analysis
27 June 2022 | Research
Several operators in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) have introduced new digital sub-brands since 2019, primarily to grow their market shares in the underperforming youth prepaid segment. This report provides case studies of such digital sub-brands as well as recommendations for older brands and for operators that are aspiring to launch their own digital sub-brands to capture subscriber acquisition opportunities.
Questions answered in this report
- Which market segments do the selected sub-brands serve?
- How do operators launch and promote their sub-brands?
- Which features characterise the sub-brands’ offerings?
- How do sub-brand operators differentiate their propositions from the competition?
- To what extent have sub-brands had an impact on their parent operators’ performance metrics?
Case studies in this report
- ANA, Ooredoo (Kuwait)
- New Shababiah, Ooredoo (Oman)
- Yooz, Ooredoo (Algeria)
- Yooz, Ooredoo (Iraq)
- Yoxo, Orange (Morocco)
- oodi, Zain (Iraq)
- Yaqoot, Zain (Saudi Arabia)
Read our associated article here.
Operators considering aggregating digital content have a wide range of approaches to choose from
Mobile services quarterly metrics 1Q 2022
Vodafone and Ooredoo in Qatar can provide inspiration for 5G tariff structures to other operators in the GCC